AERIS participates in a Horizon Europe project for the production of biomethane
The BIOMETHAVERSE Project (Demonstrating and Connecting Production Innovations in the BIOMETHAne universe) has kicked off with a meeting of all the consortium members in Paris.
BIOMETHAVERSE aims to diversify the technology basis for biomethane production in Europe, to increase its cost-effectiveness, and to contribute both to the uptake of biomethane technologies and to the priorities of the SET Plan Action 8. To this aim five innovative biomethane production pathways will be demonstrated in five European countries: France, Greece, Italy, Sweden, and Ukraine.
The project is based on the following founding pillars:
- Demonstration of innovative biomethane pathways;
- Technology optimisation and upscaling by technoeconomic flowsheeting;
- Environmental and social sustainability assessment;
- Replicability, market penetration, support to planning decisions of other investors and project developers, policy recommendations to policy makers;
- Dissemination, exploitation and communication of project results.
BIOMETHAVERSE relates, within the Work Program 2021-2022 on Climate, Energy and Mobility, to the Call “Sustainable, secure and competitive energy supply”, specifically to the topic HORIZON-CL5-2021-D3-03-16: Innovative biomethane production as an energy carrier and a fuel.
Especifically, Aeris Tecnologías Ambientales S.L. will participate collaborating in the design, construction, operation and technical-economic assessment of an innovative process at a pilot scale for the production of biomethane through electromethanogenesis.